Saturday, March 7, 2009

A lot of work painting!













After we put up the paint samples and decided to go with those choices, we were anxious to get started. I ran to town that very evening (I believe it was Wednesday evening) and got the paint (while also anxious to find a different paint sample for our dining room accent wall.)
At this time I am remembering that I must not forget to mention our dry wall man, Mr. Klump, who did an EXCELLENT job of mudding, taping, texturizing (and extra work making the kitchen and Ben's room flat for the borders) and painting our ceilings! Thanks so much!
Kerri, PJ and Phil were able to start painting the next day, on Thursday! They did a wonderful job and got a really good start on the bathroom and our bedroom. The colors looked great! I was at school most of the day, but took a little time off to help out some myself. I was able to paint on the first coat of blue in Ben's room.
On Friday, Kerri, Phil and PJ worked more on finishing the bedroom, bathroom and Ben's room with second coats of paint. It really was coming together nicely.
The pictures above are of the living room, kitchen and dining room. The sepia tan and the palace white blended well together, but took PJ and I all day on Saturday to put up just one coat in the entry way by the garage, the laundry room (which is next to Ben's room), the pantry, the kitchen, the dining room, the hallway by our bedroom and bathroom and the living room. PJ plans on putting up a second coat on all those walls in the next few days.



No comments: